Mission / Vision / Values
Love God. Love People. Make Disciples.
Our vision is to become a diverse family of surrendered and transformed people who passionately love God and others.
We endeavor to be a body that is overcome by the reality that this life is not about us, but all about the glory of God.
We want to be transfixed by the gospel of Jesus Christ and compelled by His heart for our world.
We strive to be seed-throwers and fire-starters, hope-announcers and grace-givers, risk-takers and constant-reformers,
lifelong-learners and sold-out doers. We desire to be a people who gladly give our lives to free the captive, strengthen the weak,
embrace the outcast, and seek out the lost. Because Scripture is our authority, we strive to be a family that serves together,
studies the Word together, plays together, worships together, and lives life together.
By God's grace our world will be changed because we are here.
1. GLORIFYING GOD:
We value the passionate pursuit of knowing God and walking with Him.
- Studying the Bible
- (Psalm 119:10; With my whole heart I seek you;? let me not wander from your commandments!
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17) 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
- Praying (1 Thessalonians 5:17; Luke 18:1-8)
- Worshipping in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24)
- Practicing spiritual disciplines (1 Timothy 4:6-7; Hebrews 5:14)
- Living sacrificially (Romans 12:1; Philippians 2:3-7)
- Loving God and others (Matthew 22:37-40; 1 John 4:21)
2. SUBMITTING TO THE AUTHORITY OF SCRIPTURE:
We value the sufficiency of Scripture in every aspect of our lives.
- Believing Gods Word is truth, both inerrant and sufficient (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:21; Matthew 5:18)
- Learning the truths of Scripture (Matthew 4:4; Psalm 119:103)
- Proclaiming the Word of God (2 Timothy 4:1-2; Romans 10:14; Titus 2:1)
- Reforming continually (Semper Reformanda) (Hebrews 4:12-13; Romans 12:2; 1 Corinthians 13:12)
3. LIVING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST:
We value sharing the Gospel and making disciples.
- Teaching (Matthew 28:20; Titus 2:1; Deuteronomy 6:4-7)
- Evangelizing (Matthew 28:19; Philemon 6)
- Offering mercy (Matthew 18:32-33; Hosea 6:6)
- Ministering to orphans and widows (James 1:27; Matthew 25:36-40)
- Engaging in global missions (Matthew 24:14, 28:19)
- Training indigenous pastors (2 Timothy 2:2; Titus 1:5)
- Practicing the gospel of grace (Luke 6:35-36; Ephesians 5:1-2)
- Surrendering our comfort for Jesus Christ (Philippians 2:17; 1 Thessalonians 2:8; 2 Corinthians 12:15)
- Developing mature Christian character (Colossians 1:28; Hebrews 6:1-2; 2 Peter 3:18)
4. SERVING WITH A KINGDOM PERSPECTIVE:
We value living our lives focused upon what will matter most for eternity.
- Equipping and sending saints for service (Ephesians 4:11-14; Acts 13:2-3)
- Training the next generation (Psalm 78:4-6; 2 Timothy 2:2)
- Multiplying the Kingdom (Matthew 13:23, 31-32)
- Embracing people from all ethnic groups and all age groups (Galatians 3:28; Revelation 7:9-10)
- Striving for simplicity (1 Corinthians 15:3-5; Matthew 22:26-40)
- Battling the enemy (1 Peter 5:8-9; Ephesians 6:10-12)
- Ministering to other pastors (Philippians 1:3-5; 2 Timothy 4:9)
- Daring to take risks for the Kingdom of God (Acts 5:29; Hebrews 11:32-38)
- Encouraging every member to be a minister (Ephesians 4:11-16; 1 Peter 2:5, 9)
5. CHERISHING THE LOCAL CHURCH:
We value the essential role of the church in the sanctification of the believer and salvation of the nations.
- Engaging members for a deeper level of participation and growth (Hebrews 10:24-25; Ephesians 4:15-16)
- Devoting ourselves to meaningful membership (Hebrews 10:24-25, 13:17; 1 Peter 5:1-5)
- Cultivating supportive relationships among members (Romans 10:9-13, 12:15; 1 Corinthians 12:26)
- Maintaining unity of the body (Ephesians 4) (Ephesians 2: 21-22, 4:1-3, 13; 1 Corinthians 1:10)
- Identifying and practicing spiritual gifts (Romans 12:6-8; 1 Peter 4:10-11)
- Partnering and ministering with other doctrinally sound churches (Philippians 1:3-5; 1 Thessalonians 3:6)
- Maintaining the biblical purity of the local church (Ephesians 2:19-21; 1 Timothy 3:15; Matthew 18:15-17; 1 Corinthians 5:6-7)
6. DOING LIFE TOGETHER AS A CHRIST-CENTERED COMMUNITY:
We value that God uniquely uses personal relationships to sanctify and sharpen believers.
- Loving (John 13:34-35; Ephesians 5:2; 1 John 4:11)
- Discipling (Matthew 28:19; Colossians 3:16; 2 Timothy 3:10)
- Promoting accountability (James 5:16; Hebrews 3:12-13; Hebrews 13:17)
- Developing purposeful and intentional friendships (1 Thessalonians 5:11; Romans 14:19)
- Practicing hospitality (Romans 12:13; 1 Peter 4:9)
- Mentoring (Hebrews 13:7; 1 Corinthians 11:1)
- Caring intentionally for the souls of the congregation (Hebrews 13:17; 1 Peter 5:1-5)
- Encouraging unity (Acts 2:44-45; Philippians 2:1-2)
- Exemplifying humility (Isaiah 66:2; James 4:6; Ephesians 4:2)
- Strengthening families (Ephesians 5:22-33, 6:1-2; Proverbs 14:1)