Scripture teaches that every member of our church is called to be a minister. In order to better equip members for their ministries, Henderson Hills has developed the a series of classes called the “Discovery Series.” These three classes help equip members and guests to discover key information about our church, the habits of spiritual growth, and spiritual gifts for ministry.
Class Description & Contents
The “How to Serve” class is where the rubber meets the road, where people come to plug into ministry. We will explore how you can serve and how God wants to use your God-given Gifts, Abilities, Personality, and Experience in ministry.
Please note that the pre-work (pages 2-35 of the workbook and the Personal Profile sheet) are to be completed prior to attending the class. For most people, these exercises can be done in 30-50 minutes.
Section 1: Personal Profile for Ministry Pre-Work
- Spiritual Gifts Assessment
- Heart (Passion) Inventory
- Abilities Listing
- Personality Traits
Section 2: Discovering Our S.H.A.P.E. for Ministry
Section 3: Opportunities to Serve
- Discussion-oriented class explaining the role of spiritual gifts, heart/passion, abilities, personality, and experiences as God prepares each of us for ministry in the church and in our community
- Consider realities and myths about spiritual gifts
- Look at biblical evidence and explanations
- The Fully Involved Member
- Importance of Servanthood
- How We Are to Serve
- Rewards of Serving