Foster & Adoption Ministries
HHBC's Foster Care and Adoption Ministry (FAM) exists to love God and others by preparing and supporting our members to care for orphans in their affliction. We believe that Jesus reconciles us to God and each other.As we love God, we also love our neighbor; as we love our neighbor, we love our God. We believe that we are adopted by God in Christ; so we also follow him in practice - the adoption and care for the least of these that God might be glorified.
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world. James 1:27
Areas of Focus:
The gospel of Jesus Christ, the good news that through Jesus we have been adopted as sons and daughters into God's family, means that Christians ought to be at the forefront of the adoption of orphans in North America and around the world. HHBC's Adoption ministry seeks to encourage and support our members in pursuing caring for orphans through adoption.
- Domestic Adoption - HHBC's Adoption ministry desires to encourage and support members in pursuing the care of orphans here in Oklahoma. Dozens of families and hundreds of our members have experienced adoption. It is our desire to love God by serving our members by connecting them with others as they pursue caring for orphans through domestic adoption. Contact Aly Wyatt for more info.
- International Adoption - Estimates indicate there are more than 100 Million orphans worldwide. HHBC's Adoption ministry has members that have adopted from dozens of countries around the world. These families would like to encourage and support others as they pursue caring for orphans through international adoption. Contact Krista Lusey for more info.
- Waiting Moms Group — What happens once you’re done with the endless paperwork, home study, and get approval from your adoption/foster care agency? You wait. Join this Moms Group as we encourage, support, and pray for one another. We meet Monday evenings at a local coffee shop. Contact Courtney Shettron for more info.
At latest count, there are more than 11,000 children currently under the custody of the State of Oklahoma. HHBC's Foster Care ministry desires to encourage and support members in caring for these children. For more information contact Aly Wyatt.
- Foster Care Support Group — This group provides education and support to current and potential foster families. It meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month at HHBC. Contact Amber Given for more info.
- Shelter Visits — One Friday a month, HHBC Community Groups have the opportunity to support the Pauline Meyer DHS Shelter. The volunteer groups will be provided ideas for activities, crafts, games, and snacks to offer a fun, safe, and enjoyable time for children in the shelter. Contact Aly Wyatt for more info.
Most of the orphans around the world are not available to be adopted from the United States. It is HHBC's belief that God still intends for us to care for these specific orphans. Join us as we explore ways to extend God's love to these children. Contact Randy & Luann Juengel for more info.
Faith FAMily Friends Program
This program is a tool used to equip members of HHBC to reach out to and support church members who are adopting children or serving as foster parents. Whether that is by providing meals, material items, child care, encouragement or prayer, our Faith FAMily Friends program will connect you with a family and teach you how to serve them well. If you are looking for support as a foster care or adoptive family, or if you would like more information about serving, contact Aly Wyatt for more info.
If you would like more information or would like to participate in any way please contact the Foster Care & Adoption Ministry at 405.513.7555.
Click here to learn about specific serving opportunities in this ministry.