Click here for information about Project66 efforts for teacher walkout.
Who We Are:
We are a non-profit, faith-based ministry providing food to families in need in Edmond, Arcadia, Jones, and surrounding areas.
Who We Serve:
Project 66 is open to anyone from any location on a one-time basis and is always open to residents in the Edmond, Arcadia, Jones, and Luther areas.
What We Do:
- We distribute food to families in need in cooperation with the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
- Our Mission is to feed our local population that would normally go undernourished, such as kids, elderly, and working families who are facing unusually difficult economic times.
- We provide families with basic food for at least one week. Our clients shop for food as part of our Client Choice program, ensuring that the food we distribute is not wasted.
- Most importantly, we build relationships with our clients, listen to their needs, and ask for the privilege of praying with them.
Where To Find Us:
We have moved to 2612 S. Kelly Avenue, Edmond, OK 73013.
Hours of Operation:
Monday: 10 am - 12 noon
Thursday: 10 am - 12 noon and 6 - 8 pm
What to bring:
- Proof of ID for each family member (driver's license, birth certificate, etc)
- Proof of address, such as a utility bill (which has current address
In 2016, the food pantry fed 3,709 households. Each month we see new clients who have never used our services. The need in Edmond is great. We anticipate numbers growing as we expand our services in 2017 to become a Food and Resource Center, providing much-needed education and nutritional resources for families.
This would not be possible without many faithful volunteers who work during our 2-hour service times in these areas:
- Processing client paperwork in our front office.
- Working in intake services to minister to the specific needs of families and pray with them.
- Guiding families through our “client choice” grocery store to select food.
- Picking up donated food from local grocery stores and stocking shelves.
Please consider volunteering either as an individual, family or community group at Project 66. We need your help to meet the growing need in Edmond. Finding a place to plug in is easy and rewarding. As so many of our volunteers say, we come to be a blessing to others and we leave being blessed ourselves.
The need is great, and we anticipate seeing numbers continue to increase this year.
- Food Donations We depend on donations of non-perishable food to supplement our food from the food bank. Food donations can be dropped off at our current location at 2612 S. Kelly in Edmond.
- Volunteers on Mondays Thursdays (10-noon & 6-8pm) to assist with serving clients. Jobs include:
- Intake Workers (processing paperwork & praying with clients)
- Shopper Assistants
- People to help organize the warehouse
- Spanish-speaking volunteers to assist with our increasing number of Hispanic clients
For more information or to sign up to volunteer, visit our website www.project66.org.
If you have any questions, contact us by email at email@example.com, by phone 405.341.1353, or on Facebook 'Project 66' to Like and a quicker response will be given.