Latest Updates here.
Donations Needed: Updated Tuesday 9-12-17
We are now accepting donations for specific items. Please note, we are not equipped to handle clothing or household items. Please, only donate items listed below.
- Gift Cards (in $25 increments) for Target, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, Chick-fil-A, Zoe's, Jason's Deli
- Visa gift cards (in $25 increments) that don't carry a fee for household items, grocery items, or meals.
- Bibles—adult and children's versions. English and Spanish
- Utility Knives (and extra blades)
- High Protein Snacks (Beef jerky, Nuts, Protein bars, Peanut butter crackers, etc.)
- Face Masks (for mold)
- HEAVY DUTY Garbage Bags
Items may be dropped off at the Harvey Relief donation trailer parked in front of the HHBC office building.
Monday - Thursday 9 am - 5 pm
Wednesday 5 - 6:00 pm
Saturday 5 - 5:30 pm
Sunday 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
PRAY – GIVE – GO
Pray for those who have lost loved ones:
- Pray for God’s peace
- Pray for provision
- Pray for emotional and spiritual support
- Pray for people to be drawn to God
- Pray for people to come to know Christ
Pray for the people who have been displaced:
- Pray for safety
- Pray for protection from the elements
- Pray for adequate shelter
- Pray for the first responders
- Pray for the civil authorities that they will know how to proceed
- Pray for long-term housing for those who have lost or may lose their homes
Pray about how you will respond to the call for help:
- Pray for God’s direction
- Pray for a heart to serve
- Pray for God to use you (even if it’s out of your comfort zone)
- Pray about giving sacrificially
- Pray for HHBC teams who are there
Monetary help is needed immediately. Every penny received will be used to help the people effected by this disaster. Our leaders in Houston will be constantly assessing and discerning how God would have us minister to families and use your gifts to best help them. Your donation could open the door for someone to hear the gospel. You can give by clicking the Donate button below, then select the designation “Harvey Relief”. Donations can also be brought to the church offices during regular business hours, or placed in the offering plate during worship. (Be sure to mark the donation for “Harvey Relief”)
Teams are on site in Houston now, but the need is great and many more teams will be needed to help families recover from this disaster. We plan to be there for the long haul, so if your schedule doesn’t allow immediate participation, you will have plenty of opportunities over the next several months. Pleae pray about when you can go. We're already seeing people come to Christ just by people being willing to go and share the Gospel
Please click on the link below to begin the process of showing love to our Texas neighbors. Your participation will determine how effective our efforts will be. You don’t need to have specialized skills to go, just a willingness to go and share God’s love.
This short video will give you an idea of some of the tasks that may be handled by our teams.
We will keep you updated with the latest information about Henderson Hills’ Harvey Relief plan. If you have questions, please contact us at HarveyRelief@hhbc.com.
Thanks for being a loving, generous church.