Beginning Sunday, July 19
Latest Elder Update, July 23, 2020
To our beloved Henderson Hills Church Family,
On the advice of church members in the medical profession, this past Sunday we began requiring that face masks be worn inside our campus buildings as an effective means of reducing the risk of spreading the coronavirus, and a key ingredient to tentative plans for moving back to a more normal rhythm of ministry within our church. It was such a blessing to see so many of you attend worship wearing face masks. You know, Jesus could be defined by His service and love. Both were central characteristics of Him, and both were purposed to benefit others. As we come together to worship, wearing face masks is a demonstration of those two very things. Thank you for demonstrating Christ-like service and love by choosing to wear a mask.
For those of you who are in the vulnerable category and still prefer to worship online, know that we totally support you. Our prayer is that you feel the freedom to worship at home as long as you desire and know that you are every bit as much a part of HHBC as those who worship in-person. We love you very much!
We also want to remind you of our tentative plan to advance to Phase 2 of our re-gathering beginning August 16. Most of what we’re doing in Phase 1 will remain in place (Sunday worship services at 8:30, 10:00 and 11:30 am, livestreaming all three services online, mandatory wearing of face masks inside the building, social distancing in the Worship Center, no passing of the offering plate, etc.). A couple things will cease, though, such as one-way traffic flow, and restricted use of the restrooms.
Of course, there will be some significant changes with Phase 2:
- Community Groups (CGs) will now have the option of meeting on-campus on Sunday mornings, or at other times/days, if they wish. This applies to Hillside Kids, Students, College, Special Needs Ministry, and Adult CGs. This isn’t mandatory and each CG is free to decide whether or not they’re comfortable returning to campus. Whatever you decide—we support you.
- Kindergarteners and up can attend their CGs when their parents do but now worship with their parents in the Worship Center. This will be a huge help to our Hillside Kids Ministry staff and volunteers as they organize the kids’ classrooms and ministry. We love our kids and look forward to seeing them in ‘Big Church’ with us.
- With three services on Sunday mornings, we’d like to encourage you to consider adopting a “worship one, group one, serve one” routine. Gather for worship at one of our morning services, meet with your CG at another time, and serve in a ministry during the third slot. Many of our members already do that and it blesses them and others.
- Another exciting Phase 2 initiative you’ll notice is giving the gym a new look to begin making better use of that space for smaller worship gatherings (Hispanic Worship, Celebrate Recovery, small funerals/weddings, etc.). It will be transformed into more of a multi-use area and will greatly increase our ministry flexibility. This facelift will most likely not be completed by August 16, but we wanted you to be aware of the direction we’re moving.
- We’re making plans for other ministries to resume August 16, including the bookstore and café. Details on those are still being worked out; much depends on the availability of volunteers.
Please know that although we’re holding these plans loosely, we’re doing our very best to gradually resume ministries safely in order to further carry out our God-given mission. We thank you for your support during this season.
God bless you church,
Phase 1 Gathering Again, Click here for details.
HHBC Sunday services are now livestreaming at 8:30, 10, & 11:30 am. Click one of the links below to join the stream.
Facebook.com/hendersonhills, YouTube (search HHBCOK), HHBC.com/stream
The HHBC offices remain open during normal hours with limited staff. We always have a Pastor-on-Call who can be reached by calling 405-341-4639 any time, day or night. Please let us know how we can serve you. We're praying for all of you every day.
Click here to see ways to stay connected and receive the latest information.