Safety & Security
Our goal is to ensure to the best of our ability, the safety, and security of our church members, beginning with our youngest and most vulnerable ones. We take every precaution possible and adhere to a three-fold approach to safety: (1) worker training and screening, (2) on-site security personnel, and (3) secure child check-in system. Furthermore, classroom doors have windows so that activities are clearly visible from the hallways and video monitors observe activities around entrances and hallways.
Reducing the Risk (RTR)
Reducing the Risk (RTR) training is a mandatory qualification for every person working with children (birth through 5th grade) and students (6th through college) at Henderson Hills. It is also required of all Ministries of Jesus Ministry volunteers.
Early childhood classrooms are staffed with two people at all times and are regularly monitored by supervisory staff. Prior to working with children, each volunteer leader and paid staff member is required to undergo a background check, interview, and reference check, as well as complete a ?Reducing the Risk? training session.
RTR training involves:
- Viewing a 20-minute video
- Reviewing the Reducing the Risk Volunteer Manual
- Participating in a brief discussion
- Completing the Henderson Hills Baptist Church Resolution Form
- Completing a confidential application form and testimony sheet (handed out at the training session and to be returned as soon as possible)
- Understanding that criminal background checks will be completed on all volunteers upon receipt of the application
2019 RTR training sessions:
Time: Sessions are approximately 45 minutes
Childcare: We provide childcare, and registration needed only when indicated.
December 11, 2019
|7:45 pm||No registration required||No reservation needed||HK-213|
Child Check-In Process
We use a duplicate tag check-in system to ensure that children are returned only to their parent(s) or guardian, birth through 3rd grade.
Note: for security reasons, Hillside Little Kids' Community Groups are not posted on our website. Guests must check in at the Children?s Information Desk.