Who We Are:
We are a non-profit, faith-based ministry providing food to families in need in Edmond, Arcadia, Jones, and surrounding areas.
Who We Serve:
Project 66 is open to anyone, from any location on a one-time basis, and is always open to residents in the Edmond, Arcadia, Jones, and Luther areas.
What We Do:
- We distribute food to families in need in cooperation with the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
- Our Mission is to feed our local population that would normally go undernourished, such as kids, elderly, and working families who are facing unusually difficult economic times.
- We provide families with basic food for at least one week. Our clients shop for food as part of our Client Choice program, ensuring that the food we distribute is not wasted.
- Most importantly, we build relationships with our clients, listen to their needs, and ask for the privilege of praying with them.
Where To Find Us:
2612 S. Kelly Avenue, Edmond, OK 73013.
Hours of Operation:
Monday: 10 am - 12 noon and 6 - 8 pm
Thursday: 10 am - 12 noon and 6 - 8 pm
What to bring:
- Proof of ID for the head of the household (driver's license, birth certificate, etc)
- Proof of address, such as a utility bill (which has the current address)
We are currently serving over 500 families each month. Each month we see new clients who have never used our services. The need in Edmon is great. We anticipate numbers growing as we continue to serve in 2019 as a Food and Resource Center, providing much-needed education and nutritional resources for families.
This would not be possible without many faithful volunteers who work during our 2-hour service times in these areas:
- Processing client paperwork in our front office.
- Working in intake services to minister to the specific needs of families and pray with them.
- Guiding families through our client choice grocery store to select food.
- Picking up donated food from local grocery stores and stocking shelves.
Please consider volunteering either as an individual, family or community group at Project 66. We need your help to meet the growing need in Edmond. Finding a place to plug in is easy and rewarding. As so many of our volunteers say, we come to be a blessing to others and we leave being blessed ourselves.
The need is great, and we anticipate seeing numbers continue to increase this year.
- Food Donations - We depend on donations of non-perishable food to supplement our food from the food bank. Food donations can be dropped off at our current location at 2612 S. Kelly in Edmond.
- Volunteers on Mondays Thursdays (10-noon & 6-8pm) to assist with serving clients. Jobs include:
- Intake Workers (processing paperwork & praying with clients)
- Shopper Assistants
- People to help organize the warehouse
- Spanish-speaking volunteers to assist with our increasing number of Hispanic clients
For more information or to sign up to volunteer, visit our website www.project66.org.
If you have any questions, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone 405.341.1353, or on Facebook 'Project 66' to 'Like' and a quicker response will be given.