Henderson Hills Baptist Church was planted as a mission church 54 years ago from First Baptist Church of Edmond, Oklahoma. Over the ensuing years, we have been blessed to be a part of, grow, and serve in this wonderful community. God has grown us to be a church that spreads the gospel and disciples through ministries such as our Live Sent and Residency programs. We send missionaries, pastoral residents, and members of our church around the world, while living out the gospel locally by providing healing and recovery through ministries like Ministries of Jesus. In June of 2018, John Wohlgemuth joined our church as Lead Teaching Pastor. He brings a deep passion to continue equipping and sending our congregation to make disciples of those around us and throughout the world.
God is doing a great work at Henderson Hills, stirring His body of believers to worship Him by living sacrificially and becoming increasingly outward-focused as we advance the gospel. To learn more about Henderson Hills and what we believe, visit hhbc.com/about.
We are looking for a man who will be both a pastor and a musician. The Pastor of Worship will be elder-qualified as per published HHBC elder qualifications, partnering closely with the Lead Teaching Pastor, and will provide pastoral care, vision, leadership, and creative direction for the Worship Ministry at HHBC.
Elements of the position will include, but not be limited to:
- Pastor of Worship will be a shepherd. He will have a servant’s heart, care deeply for people, and sincerely desire to disciple, build up, lead, and love them toward Jesus through various worship and residency programs.
- Pastor of Worship will be a theologian. He will have solid biblical understanding and convictions that are reflected in the gospel-focused lyrics by which he leads the congregation to focus their worship on God. He will be a man of prayer.
- Pastor of Worship will be an artist. He will be a skilled musician who is creative and passionate. He will be gifted in modern, diverse styles of music while maintaining a God-centered focus.
- Pastor of Worship will be a proven leader. He will be able to lovingly, kindly, and passionately lead people. He will know how to lead from the stage, during rehearsals, and in a staff/office setting. He will demonstrate administration and compassionate conflict resolution skills.
- Pastor of Worship will be a missionary. He will desire to reach people with worship music, both in the congregation and outside the church, those who are new, and those who don’t yet know Christ. He will be missional in his approach to music that leads people to worship Jesus.